John Beck on Sun, 13 May 2001 20:19:22 -0400

[PLUG] "Medusa" failing on startup

Hi all,

Hoping you can help.  I am an very new linux user, running Redhat 7.0 with Ximian Gnome 1.4 and Nautilus as a file manager only.

When my computer boots, the very last message I get as it is going through the process of starting all the services is that "medusa" has failed.  I am not quite sure what Medusa is, nor why I need it, so I tried looking for info about it in the Redhat help pages, as well as that of Gnome and Nautilus, but I don't find any mention to it...  I even tried: man medusa , but had no luck.  If I try to remove it (by doing: rpm -e medusa) I get a message that it has dependencies in Nautilus, and I can't remove it.

Does anyone know what this is, why I need it, and how I can stop it from failing at startup?  Any help is appreciated!