Darxus on Sun, 20 May 2001 21:30:05 -0400

[PLUG] Fwd: PACS Meeting Saturday

I am very sorry I did not forward this to the list in time for this
meeting.  Life's been a bit hectic.  But the fact that this SIG (Special
Interest Group) has started is still relavant enough to send, I think.

There is Philadelphia Area Computer Society (PACS).  I am not fully
aware of its relationship to PLUG - I hope that Chris Fearnley will be
able to fill in some information.

The best information I have available to me is Chris's PACS Databus
articles: http://www.cjfearnley.com/databus/97cfearnl.jan.txt

CJF was the leader of the PACS UNIX SIG until January of 1997 - 1 year
after he (and others?) formed PLUG.

As soon as I discovered the existance of PACS, I added a link on the
PLUG website, and emailed the maintainer of the PACS website (several
times, I think) to request a link from them.  This was some time ago.
I never got a responce.  I still can't find a link on their site to PLUG.
(Their site search is currently broken - checked google searches
'site:www.pacsnet.org plug' and 'site:www.pacsnet.org linux')

I've been meaning to attend one of their meetings for quite some time, but
that is yet another thing I have not gotten to.

I would love to hear more about PACS from anyone who may have attended
meetings.  I'd also like to better understand the following: "A one-time
pass is available at the Membership Services desk...".

Their website (which was somehow omitted from the attached email) is
http://www.pacsnet.org.

----- Forwarded message from Dean Hedin <dhedin@vsi.net> -----