k hill on Mon, 21 May 2001 15:50:10 -0400

[PLUG] tmi and not enough restraint...

I have fried my XFree86 config file yet again. I was having problems
with windows opening larger than my display and therefore being useless
so, I did some research, thought I figured out how to fix it and was
desperately wrong. I have one X window open now, and as long as I don't
close this one I should have it available for GUI uses. I am not afraid
of command line, in fact I like it a lot but dammit I haven't configured
my mta yet. I don't want to flood the list with copies of my config file
and error messages but have them ready to either attach or cut and paste
to anyone willing to help the hapless not quite newbie, but far from
expert user. Also if you can help me fix the original problem I would be
eternally grateful. I am a victim of the recent telecom market dive, and
so my poor computer has two hours a day while my daughter sleeps to be
destroyed, Muhahah! I do have one more question. I have researched using
a network to print from a linux box to a NT box. I know this is
unconventional, but the printer owner is the NT user so I gotta go his
way. Because this is not the, uh, most useful way to do this I can find
no documentation on how to implement it. Enough for now, but expect to
hear more from the recently laid off.

kristin aka pinky