gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 23 May 2001 12:50:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL providers (was: Install)

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:01:32PM -0400, k hill wrote:
> So if Covad is your line provider, and your
> dsl provider is 2 seconds late on a payment they are axing them. I don't
> know where Covad is headed but I suspect they may be thinking of
> dropping residential level work altogether. This is all speculation and
> a quick upswing in the market could change things but expect it to be
> harder and more expensive to get collocation services at a residential
> level for a bit.

Also speculation, but...

I would expect to see COVAD on fuckedcompany.com before the end of
the year.

(That is, they're not trying to migrate their business, they're
trying to back off of the overextension they've built, and they're
going to die trying.)

Broadband just isn't what it was cracked up to be for the average
human being (as opposed to the system administrator, gamer, so
forth).

I was actually thinking just last night (largely since my roommate
just moved out and I haven't replaced the TV he owned yet) how nice
it would be if that whole internet media thing ever actually took
off. I want to watch a *movie* at home, not a webcam...

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net