Jason Costomiris on Wed, 23 May 2001 21:50:18 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RedHat 7.1 glibc2.1 Backward compat - revisited

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:56:58AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
: Or, run like hell away from RedHat and their screwball concepts of
: "current" or "shippable" software. :^>

Care to elaborate?  Let me guess, you're going to go on and on about
the gcc that RH ships, right?  You're probably going to go on about C++
incompatability, right?  Nevermind that C++ code has never been binary
compatable between gcc releases before.  Nevermind the fact that the RH
gcc 2.96 is more standards compliant than any shipping gcc out there.
Nevermind that the RH gcc 2.96 has fewer compiler bugs than the other
gcc releases out there.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.