Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 24 May 2001 20:31:21 -0400

RE: [PLUG] RedHat 7.1 glibc2.1 Backward compat - revisited

	Although, as I have said before, I do like how this forum tends (I
said tends) to avoid flames, I do agree w/ the person who said that you
should steer away from this ver of rh b/c I'm still confused as to how to
fix my compiler.  I do wish things would just work, at least at the
compiler level, though I guess I might learn even more if I go through the
hell of boot strapping.  Maybe I should just do that and shut up. :)

	Anyway, does anyone know an rpm I can use which will give me a
compiler which can compile kernel?  Should I just start going over to
using all sources and to forget about rpms so I turn this red hat slowly
into something more like slackware?  I'm open to any suggestions.  I will
_not_ change distro's or reinstall b/c I just got my server going and I
don't understand it yet.  The guy who helped me set it up only knew rh's
way.  He got confused w/ debian.  Please, no more distro flames here, I'm
fine using red hat for now, I'd just like to understand it better.

Fred