William Shank on Thu, 24 May 2001 17:48:15 -0400

RE: [PLUG] RedHat 7.1 glibc2.1 Backward compat - revisited

assembly for the 68K, but i guess the concept of bit alignment didn't stick,
it's been a long while. anyway, thanks for the links, i'll check them out.

and i think "bit alignment" does sound fishy. i never said it was made up,
just sounded weird. reminds me of some of the pitch meetings i've been in
where the tech people try to feed the non-tech a bunch of jargon-laiden
crap. i've gotten pretty good at spotting that kind of BS, but not always.
'Bit alignment' set my BS alarm off. But thanks for clarifying.

i guess since i never took the course on compilers (i opted for the computer
vision series) i probably never got well exposed to bit alignment, and i
certianly haven't coded anything at that level in years.

but thanks for the concise summary.

and one more thing:
why do so many linux people have to a-holes about their knowledge of
technology?

this thread started becasue i asked a simple question. i got a really good
answer that fixed my problem. kudos to that guy. but i also got a completely
useless comment about the distro i was using that did nothing to assist in
my problem. that is what started this entire RH bashing/defending thread.

so i once again asked a question and show some critical thinking (oh
horror!) because i wasn't familiar with the terms being used. (shame on me
for not remembering assembly language or beter yet - for going to college!)
so this some sort of challenging to my geekhood? well, f-that, i'm not that
big a geek that i care that much about it. i have a life outside my
computer. i just wanted my apps to work.

-chris