gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 25 May 2001 00:30:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] RedHat 7.1 glibc2.1 Backward compat - revisited

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 11:44:38PM -0400, MaD dUCK wrote:
> right, but a kernel's a kernel, and on both, redhat machines and
> debian machines, i have always compiled the kernel with make ... using
> the standard Makefile, and not edited it for kgcc compliance. i am
> sorry i threw debian in, i was just wondering WTF redhat's up to??? i
> mean, they don't expect you to change the kernel Makefile before every
> build, huh?

Martin, did you read the rest of this thread?

You should. The whole point is that RedHat did things in a
moderately broken way.

Furthermore, you don't have to change Makefiles, I'm willing to be,
just have CC set to kgcc in your environment when you run make.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net