Michael Leone on Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:49:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] lilo issues

> > nothing special about it. I have installed RH and Turbolinux without
> > issue, my so had similar issues with this, same CD, maybe it is a bad
> > burn? He fixed his though, and I can't be stood up. I am messing around

Sounds like a bad CD, then, if others have had problems installing with it.
And the hardware worked fine with 2 other distributions.

> > in toms root boot and it just informed me there is no lilo.conf. and
> > what little reference is to lilo is in sbin which is symlinked to bin
> > and goes on to say it does not exist.
> >
> > Perhaps I should go back to bed.
>
> My isp's server just went down again, so I give up I will try again
> later, although all brilliant ideas are still being accepted !

I'd say new CD.

OR ... how do you connect to the Net? Thru a gateway on your LAN?
If so, you could probably do a FTP install over the LAN. That would avoid
the need for a CD.