Egras, Brian (WingspanTech) on Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:50:09 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Re: Starting a new computer user group

I wanted to thank you all for your time and advice.  The "How To" page has a
lot of really useful information on it.  I found it particularly helpful.
Hopefully, we succeed in our endeavor.  If you like, I can let you know the
status as it unravels.

Brian Egras
Wingspan Technology, Inc.
215.619.2400 Ext. 2413
www.WingspanTech.com <http://www.WingspanTech.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Jonas [mailto:bill@billjonas.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 4:35 PM
To: Egras, Brian (WingspanTech); plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Re: Starting a new computer user group

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:17:14PM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> I don't have experience with most of these points.  I was not around when
> the Philadelphia Linux Users Group was created, and at this point the
group
> about runs itself.

There's also the LUG HOWTO (which might be helpful with some of its
points): http://www.ntlug.org/archive/lug-howto/lug.html

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin