Chuck Peters on Sat, 9 Jun 2001 15:09:34 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Help needed with MySql database

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, John Beck wrote:

> I was able to get the server started, create a user and password, modify the
> password on the root user, and create my db and tables with no problem, once
> I just started the database first thing instead of running the install
> script.

I have heard that it is a good idea to add a mysql user for each database
because if someone were to get your mysql root passwd, they could easly
trash all your databases.  I don't know how to add the users to the
database yet, perhaps someone else with more mysql experience can tell us
how.

Thanks,
Chuck