Bill Jonas on Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:40:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Help! Mailing List Server Needed!

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 03:53:20PM -0400, William Shank wrote:
> I'm in a jam and need some software. Does anyone know of a decent free
> bulk email program that would integrate with java &/or oracle? I need
> to set up a newsletter mailing list for various newsletters. I'd
> prefer a java based solution but I'll look into anything. Any help is
> appreciated. Oh yeah, it need to run on solaris as well as linux.

Check out Mailman.  It's Python-based, so you'd need to compile Python
on Solaris for it to work.  But it's definitely cross-platform.

It's available at gnu.org; there's also a link directly to its page from
the PLUG list info page, which is linked to from
http://www.phillylinux.org/.

Majordomo is the only other mailing list software that I can think of at
the moment.  It should be easy enough to find with Google.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin