Darxus on Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:10:05 -0400

[PLUG] why does my keyboard repeat rate slow down when I reconnect my keyboard ?

I have noticed that when I disconnect my ps2 keyboard and reconnect it
without cycling the power, the key repeat rate slows down, maybe to half
speed.  It's kind of annoying, anybody have any idea why it happens ?

It's happening on the console, and I think in X, but I'm less sure about X
because I use it less.

Linux kernel v2.2.19.
ASUS P2L97 (pentium 2) mother board with relatively recently updated bios
ps2 keyboard

I believe this has always happened with this particular computer, through
numerous kernels.  Not sure if it happens on other boxes.  I have a feeling
there's a fair chance it's hardware, not software.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com