Stephen Brown on Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:30:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] why does my keyboard repeat rate slow down when I reconnect my keyboard ?

It is because the repeat rate it stored in the microcontroller
that is in the keyboard itself, whcih is lost when you unplug
and replug it back in. You should be able to reset the rate wth
any util that sets the keyboard repeat rate, or with xset
if you are in X11.
That said the same thing has bugged me for years and it would
be really nice if the kernel would just periodically resync the
keyboard with what the settings should be, so things do get back in
sync without needing manual intervention.

steve

--
Stephen Brown                                   Cube Host
steve@cubehost.net    tel:(215)706-0860 fax:(801)382-1512