Derek Wildstar on Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:00:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] why does my keyboard repeat rate slow down when I reconnect my keyboard ?

Solution that works for me after resuming laptop from suspend, probably
worth a try...start an X server then kill it.  If you're already running
an X server do X :1.  This resets the repeat delay/level back to usable
values.