Nathan Thompson on Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:40:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] why does my keyboard repeat rate slow down when I reconnect my keyboard ?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 12:57:28AM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> I always had the impression this was basically kosher.

I have heard several cases where hot-swapping a ps/2 keyboard has fried
the controller chip.  If I recall correctly, some motherboards are more
sensitive to this than others, so beware.

FWIW, KVM (keyboard,video,mouse) switches have come down in price
tremendously, so you might want to check them out as an alternative to
hot-swapping your keyboard / mouse....

Nate