Nicholas Vettese on Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:30:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] need more meeting location options

Isn't there a library nearby? Libraries usually have rooms for people to meet. Our group meets at the one in NJ, and it is definitely big enough for that amount of people. So I don't see why a library in Philly, couldn't hold just as many or more people. How about hotels? They also have rooms, and because you do not make any money off of your group, they may help you out.
Nick

From: Darxus@chaosreigns.com
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] need more meeting location options
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:06:59 -0400

Beldon:  We are still planning to hold the next meeting (7/11) at cigna,
right ?  How much longer ?

While I think the meeting at netaxs went very well, and it would not hurt to meet there some, and they are willing to continue hosting, I have two concerns about this:

* There are significant potential scheduling conflicts for use of the room,
  which means sometimes we can't get it, especially at the last minute.
* It's our last backup that I'm aware of.

It is also sounding like we will not be able to meet at cigna much longer, due to changes in management, I think.

Basically what I'm saying is, we need to find more options.

The number of attendees over the last 5 months has ranged from 40 to 44.
So if you know of a place that might be willing to host this group of
people from 7pm to 9pm (preferably later, maybe to 11pm) one day a month
(1st wednesday), *please* email me and/or this mailing list.

Being close to center city, and accessable by public transportation would
be preferable, but not necessary - we really need options.

So if you've got some time on your hands, please consider attempting to find us a couple places we might be able to meet. You will get thanked profusely, and immortalized on the plug website :)

Anybody remember the seating capacity of that pizza place, or its location, just incase ? It wasn't great, but it'd be better than having to skip a meeting.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com