gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:20:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] need more meeting location options

Hrm.

Well, I can't make guarantees until I ask around a bit, but it's
theoretically possible to hold the meeting somewhere on the
Swarthmore College campus, especially during the summer, probably in
the CS department's building. 40 will be a touch cramped in our lab,
but it's got a bunch of Sun workstations, high-speed connectivity,
and a good projector system. Not exactly Center City, but we're
right on the R3.

Let me know if things are desperate for July and I'll get off my
butt and do something.

Oh, and it'd be possible to do this during the school year even
(though not in the CS lab), as students (of which I am one) are
permitted to reserve classrooms (provided their not already spoken
for by, say, a class). Plenty of classrooms would be available, open
during the school year, can easily seat 40, have network
connectivity, and good projector systems.

(Getting into classrooms in the summer is messier, since the
buildings are mostly locked. I have keys to the CS department,
though, as I'm a system administrator there... which sort of means I
can just do this kind of thing without permission, but I'd rather
check with the administrative powers-that-be first.)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net