gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:20:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] need more meeting location options

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:36:39AM +0500, eric.allan.lucas@mail.com wrote:
> This is fine by me although there is not a good
> place to eat afterwards (unless we all want to
> hike down the road to Swarthmore Pizza.)  Still
> I'd rather have a meeting place with no place
> to hang out at than a place to hang out but no
> meeting place.

Feh.

There's Renato's Pizza and Cheng Hing (middling to good Chinese)
both just down the hill, though neither serve alcohol. Also, I'm not
too sure how well either would be equipped for 30+ people just
rolling in... but hey, it's pleasant, and the Ville has a nice
little square with a few benches.

Swat pizza is the nearest "adult" establishment, but John Harvard's
isn't too much further in the other direction. I guess that requires
having enough automobile space to truck everyone, but my Jetta is
lives right near by (I live in the Ville across the street from the
college). Once one starts in on the driving thing, there's all kinds
of stuff in Media.

If we're just going to Swat Pizza, it's easy for the few people with
cars to make runs there and back even if there's not enough room for
everyone.

> DEFINITELY clear this with the powers that be first!!!

It won't be a problem (especially during the school year, since
reservation of space for that is done entirely through a web form),
but I'm obviously not going to not mention it.

If we need to be here in July, though, I need to know right away. If
not till August, I'll just chat with the relevant folks the next
time I'm up on campus.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net