Bill Jonas on Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:10:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] need more meeting location options

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 04:11:37PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Once one starts in on the driving thing, there's all kinds of stuff in
> Media.

Not to mention that one of the R3 stops is just a few blocks away from
such places as Pinocchio's (great pizza, pasta, hoagies, grinders,
strombolis, etc, as well as having a fully stocked alcohol service).
Maybe a 10 minute walk or so to the Media stop.

I like the idea of Swarthmore college a lot.

BTW, I noticed that UPenn is a "non-option", according to the web page,
because they want to start charging money.  How much money did they want
to charge?  If it was something like $50, why couldn't we just ask
people to throw in a buck or two?  I can see if it was $300, like the
Convention Center, why it would no longer be considered an option.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin