Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:30:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] what we can do for hosts

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:01:48PM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> I don't think we've ever done a good job of publicizing our hosts to the
> extent of our comfort levels.
>
> What can we / are we willing to do ?  Some ideas:
>
> * Mention on our web site - anything short of a graphical banner
> * Read a script describing the host company at the beginning of each
>   meeting
> * Hand out pamphlets / business cards provided by the host
> * Include previously mentioned script in meeting announcements and on our
>   meetings page
>
> Please suggest other ideas, and let me know what you think of the above.

I agree that this might be good, although our meeting locations to
date probably haven't cared too much. But it's a nice thing to have in
our back pocket to say, "Gee, we figure you might want to do this for
free, but we can offer this, too."

I can't resist suggesting that we could offer to an appropriately
generous sponsor to name a new linux distribution after them. ;-)

--
 Jeff