gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:50:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Cray Supercomputer? Machine room Space anyone? :)

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 10:43:54AM -0700, multiple seriousity wrote:
> Or, does anybody else have a nonprofit org of their own who wants to give
> this baby a home?  It's in DC currently.. drop me a line if you want more
> info.. I just had to pass this one on..

d00d...

I want that for my basement. So I can use an Alpha server as a dumb
term.

Seriously, this is probably not the last Cray that we'll see going
for a not unreasonable amount of money (is this one actually *free*
to a good home?). They're probably being phased out in light of the
far more affordable and almost-as-good computers one get at
workstation (physical) size these days.

Actually... if you would, forward the rest of the information my way
(privately). I may be able to persuade some natural science
department at Swarthmore College to take it in (computer science,
engineering, physics, math... something's gotta want it). I think
Swat generally qualifies as a non-profit organization, and it'd
certainly be used for education.

Definitely a little piece of history. And a comfortable piece of
furniture.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net