multiple seriousity on Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:30:05 -0400

[PLUG] Cray Supercomputer + stuff

Greetings,

    Well, I just got word on the details of the Cray supercomputer
(+more) and more, is apparently two StorageTek (tech) tape libraries and
some other (image capture? etc..) stuff...

Here is the information...

Please DO NOT bother this guy if you are not directly speaking for an
official nonprofit organization or university.

And once again... it IS a legitimate possibility IF you are interested
and willing and able to either provide or fun space, electricity, &
airconditioning for these devices THEN the nonprofit organization that I
work with can be the receiving organization, and we can do things with
it that will make all of us happy.  :) So if you want to discuss that,
drop me an email ASAP.

BTW, you can easily look up info on the cray model mentioned here, but
just since it was brought up earlier.  This is an air-cooled model, so
that is not an additional issue.

From: Adil Alaoui <alaoui@isis.imac.georgetown.edu>

Dear MSimons

To answer your questions the CRAY is J90 and the Storage Tech is the Wolf
Creek 9360 and Timberline 9490, along with some other smaller computing
devices 2 x Image capture VICOM, PSI Tech...
So if you are interested please let me know as soon as you can, I did get
emails from different parties interested but nothing final is yet defined.
Other than moving cost there is no cost, but we prefer non profits.

Thank you,

Adil Alaoui,
Tel: 202 687 9108

--