Darxus on Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:20:06 -0400

Re: PLUG letterhead (was: Re: [PLUG] Fwd: plug meeting at usip.edu - fyi)

I, obviously, kept forgetting to reply to this....

On 07/03, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> points), and I'm unclear on whether we're the "Philadelphia Area
> Linux..." or "Philadephia Linux...".

"Philadephia Area Linux...."

> Also, are we a "Users'" group or a "Users" group? (Slight, but
> relevant, semantic difference. The former would be a group for
> users, the latter would be a group of users. Not sure how you'd go
> about expressing *both*... which is probably why the US Constitution
> is specific about each.)

I'm less sure of that one.

The oldest document I know of that uses the name, and is in any way
authoritative is http://www.CJFearnley.com/databus/95cfearnl.dec.txt -
Chris Fearnley's December 1995 PACS Databus article, announcing the
formation of PLUG.  It uses "Philadelphia Area Linux User's Group".
But that wasn't one of your options.  Is "User's" gramatically correct ?
Guess not.  In addtion to the 3 mentioned so far, I have also used
"Philadelphia Area User Group".

Gabriel, maybe you should just pick one, and let us know :)

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com