Robert J. Squire Jr. on Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:20:06 -0400

[PLUG] SANE with parallel scanner on Debian

Hello:

I just dug out my old Epson Actionscanner II.
I installed sane using apt-get and set about configureing it
The only thing I can find to do config wise is to uncommnent the line

pio 0x378

in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf.

When I run scanimage or xsane I get an error telling me that there are
no scannners present.
If I run as root it warns me about running xsane as the superuser and
then works perfectly.
This leads me to believe that permissions are the cause but I was
unsuccessful at scanning as
myself even after adding myself to the group lp.

Has anyone else run into a similar situation?   Any help at all will be
much appreciated.

Thanks:

Rob Squire