Bill Jonas on Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:30:05 -0400

[PLUG] Just a friendly reminder...

As a reminder, if you get a message back when you post to plug saying
that your message is being held for approval because "only approved
posters may post without moderator approval", that means you're not
posting from the same email address which is subscribed to the list.  It
must match exactly; foo@bar.com and foo@mail.bar.com are not considered
to be the same address by Mailman (our mailing list software).

Solutions:
1.) Make sure that your From: and/or Sender: lines are exactly the same
as what you used to subscribe to the list.

  OR

2.) Subscribe each address from which you wish to post.  In your account
settings, there's an option to disable mail delivery, if you don't wish
to receive list mail twice.

Please be sure, also, that you don't go over quota on your mail
accounts, as the list admins receive bounce messages for each message
sent to the list for each account that is bouncing mail.  On a busy day,
this can add up.  :)

(Memory jog: If you're wondering why we restrict posting to list members
and don't let just anyone post, like linux-kernel, or the debian-*
mailing lists, it was decided upon by the group to restrict posting
because some spam started finding its way to the list.)

Have a nice day!  :)

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin