Eric Cunningham on Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:20:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] TCP/IP netmask question

Kevin,

Thanks for the input.  I think I will take your advice and use a DENY
rather then simply removing them from the list of forwarding IPs.
However, I've also had problems with various people randomly picking IP
addresses at will.  I'm hoping to crack down on this as well.

In regards to my machine forwarding packets without masquerading, the
first line of my script which I hadn't previously mentioned is:

/sbin/ipchains -P forward DENY

which should by default deny everything that isn't negated later in the
script I believe.

Thanks again!

-eric