Arthur Alexion on Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:40:27 -0400

[PLUG] Connection to x-server refused

Lately, I have been getting this message when trying to run a program
after the computer has been running for a couple of days. No x apps will
run unless I log out and restart x. For instance, when trying to start
my dial up connection via kppp, I got the following:

Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
kppp: cannot connect to X server :0

This is the typical error when trying to run a program from a terminal
window. If I try to run it from the KDE panel or menu, there is a short
burst of disk activity, followed by nothing.

I am running RedHat 6.2, and the KDE and xfree86 versions which were part
of the distribution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Art

Art Alexion mailto:arthur@alexion.com
Arthur S. Alexion LLC http://www.alexion.com
Click