plug-announce-admin on Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:30:06 -0400

[PLUG] [PLUG-Announce]meeting this wednesday, 1/8

http://www.PhillyLinux.org/meetings.html
- see this url for further details
  (driving / public transportation directions, etc).

The next PLUG meeting is this wednesday, 1/8, 2 days from now, at USP, in
university city - the west part of center city philadelphia.  Our last
meeting at this location went very well - our highest turnout since we
began recording attendance in April of 2000 - 48 people, and there was
plenty of room for more.

Where:
      University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (USP)
      Rosenberger Hall, Room 102
      600 South 43rd Street
      Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495

When: 7pm-9pm+

Food: We'll probably walk to a nearby restaurant to eat afterward like we
      did last time..

Keysigning:
      I believe at least 2 new people will be participating, so if you want
      to participate for the first time, read
      http://www.PhillyLinux.org/keys/ and email your public key to
      Darxus@ChaosReigns.com.  New people so far:
pub  1024D/33E3FE56 2001-07-10 David M. Turner <novalis@novalis.org>
pub  1024D/7262954A 2001-07-18 John Beck <jbeck@jbwd.net>

In September, we are going to have *two* meetings.  The first one will
be at the normal time and place (1st wednesday of the month (9/5),
at USP), the second one will be the Tuesday of the week after (9/11),
at Netaxs in Conshohocken.  We decided to try this because a number of
things have been going well - general attendance, volunteer presenters,
attendance at our one meeting at Netaxs, combined with comments from
numerous people that Netaxs is much more accessable to them.  So this
will be a trial.  If it goes well, we'll probably do it again.

Meeting/presentation schedule is as follows:
(date/subject/speaker/location)

8/1/2001
PHP Scripting
Bill Patterson
USP

9/5/2001
XML Document Markup Language
Wes Powers
USP

9/11/2001
PostgreSQL vs. MySQL (free Database software)
Bernie Falor, RDA Consultants
Netaxs

10/3/2001
KDE
Ian Reinhart Geiser
USP

11/7/2001
ext2 (Linux) filesystem internals
Mark Jason Dominus
USP

12/5/2001
IPTables (new Linux firewalling interface)
LeRoy Cressy
USP

1/2/2002
Apache web server