Darxus on Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:00:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] convert --pixels <number>

On 08/02, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
 applying for or receiving a patent for an obvious innovation. And I'll
> claim that what you wrote is obvious, in the sense that I went to
> derive an equation from scratch for $newx and $newy and found I
> immediately had what you wrote with only a half minute's worth of
> scribbling.

I guess I'm glad to hear that I did it right then.  And yes, I definately
recognize that if I did it right, anyone else who attempted to achieve the
same thing would have ended up with basically identical code.

> I just wanted to highlight the parallelism: you want credit for
> something that at least some (at least one) of us thinks is
> obvious. Of course, you don't *force* us to give you credit, which is
> a significant difference.

I was not able to find anything that would generate thumbnails with a
consistant number of pixels.  I'm not asking for credit for the code -
which we all agree is obvious, if you start with the same idea.

What I'm asking is, if you never come across my program in your life,
it would never have occurred to you to do conversions to a consistant
number of pixels, but having come across my program, you actually do
impliment it - give me credit for the inspiration.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com