Pete Foley on Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:40:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Continent->Country->State/Province free downloadable database?

Thus spake gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 04:06:12PM -0400:
>   # Further information can be found at the ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency
>   # (ISO 3166/MA) web site, <http://www.din.de/gremien/nas/nabd/iso3166ma/>.
>
> I'm thinking the IS0 3166 people are those closest to already having
> done what you want to do.
Cool, I will check that out.

> Oh, and I'll spare you my usually lengthy complaint about how MySQL
> is not, properly, a DBMS, being as it fails the ACID test. PostgreSQL
> passes, and is nearly as fast these days.
I personally will use either, I am not picky, but MySQL just happens
to be what is installed on the webhost that I am doing this on.

--
Pete Foley (pete@lynchman.net)
http://www.lynchman.net