aab on Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:10:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] home dns notes

Jeff, why not have either [a] your hosting site delegate home.purple.com
to your home machines or [b] set yourself up as an authority for it, but
duplicate the external DNS site's records that aren't within your home.

/etc/hosts works, but it can be a nuisance ... while a hybrid DNS config
would be an operating system independent solution (for the clients, that
is  :^)

andrew.