Michael C. Toren on Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:46:38 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail Configuration....help

> Relaying defaults to the localhost .. you need to make an entry in the
> /etcmail/access file that specifys the sub nets you're willing to relay for.
> example:
> 	192.168.1                       RELAY
>
> This file needs to run through the makemap process so that sendmail
> can use it.
> example:
> 	makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access

That will work, but you'll need to enable the access database in sendmail
first, by placing a line similar to the following in your sendmail.mc file:

    FEATURE(`access_db', `hash /etc/mail/access')

RedHat may already have this enabled by default, I don't know.  The Debian
sendmail package does not.

> Restart sendmail and you should be all set.

sendmail doesn't need to be restarted when a database created by makemap is
updated, but does need to be when a text file (such as the sendmail.cw file)
is modified, or when you've built a new sendmail.cf file from your sendmail.mc

-mct