Dennis Dougherty on Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:10:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Sendmail Configuration....help

Relaying defaults to the localhost .. you need to make an entry in the
/etcmail/access file that specifys the sub nets you're willing to relay for.
example:
	192.168.1                       RELAY

This file needs to run through the makemap process so that sendmail
can use it.
example:
	makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access

Restart sendmail and you should be all set.
HTH

Dennis J. Dougherty, MIS Manager
Pennsylvania Crusher Corporation
ddougher@penncrusher.com
http://www.penncrusher.com

On 7 Aug 2001, at 23:34, Mike Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am struggling with the sendmail.cfg file.  The version 8.11.2 that is included with RedHat 7.1.  I have a POP server installed, and I am get no errors when I check it with my client, but I am not able to pass mail through the system.  You can send mail from Sendmail itself.  But it will
not allow me to pass any through sending or receiving.  I do have virtual hosts set up and have configured the aliases as per the instructions.  I am willing to pay for a tutorial if someone has the time.
> Mike

Dennis