Arthur Alexion on Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:30:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL: Questions to ask?

I've had cable at home now for (maybe) 3 years.  We were probably the
first in the neighborhood to get it.  As more of our neighbors got
connected, thing were supposed to slow down.  I suppose they have, in
theory, but on our P166 machine download time is never the issue.  Page
rendering is generally the bottleneck with complex nested table
formatting taking a while to render.  Most times, the pages download
almost instantly, but the cpu struggles with the rendering.

I've had no experience with DSL, and my experience is limited to hearing
complaints about Verizon.

I thought that there were Linux specific issues that made you choose DSL.

Art

On 8/8/01, 10:28:51 AM, gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> wrote
regarding Re: [PLUG] DSL: Questions to ask?: