Beldon Dominello on Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:36:56 -0400

Re: [PLUG] DSL: Questions to ask?

On Thursday 09 August 2001 19:07, you wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 07:20:20PM +0000, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> > Does their DSL account include a dial up option, too.  I use my Palm for
>
> It does.  In fact, you get free dialup while you're waiting for your
> DSL.  I think you get N minutes per month free after your DSL is
> installed, or something like that.  More information's available on
> their web site; I don't know how much they charge for unlimited dialup
> after your line's in place.

Go twice as fast as a 28.8 modem!
You'll never hear a busy signal with SPEAKEASY.net's premium 56k dial-up
service - giving you fast, reliable connectivity all over the nation. Each
SPEAKEASY.net dial-up account is unlimited access, including a UNIX shell
account and 10MB of disk space.

Pricing: $19.95 per month
$59.50 for 3 months
$99.95 for 6 months
$189.95 for a year

> They outsource their dialup through Megapop, so you can get a list of
> phone numbers (to see if you'll be covered in a given city) by visiting
> http://www.megapop.com/.

They also use navinet in some areas.  Both companies' dialups are listed at:

http://www.speakeasy.net/cgi/dialup.cgi

--
"Spare no expense to save money on this one."
		-- Samuel Goldwyn