Bill Jonas on Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:00:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:37:42PM -0400, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> mine dont apear as attachments here...
> i am using kmail so it embeds the content directly.
> i think mutt and pine do something similar.

Nope.  Mutt doesn't recognize your message as being signed.

Actually, though, that may be a shortcoming of Mutt.  In the OpenPGP
Message Format RFC-draft[1] (RFC 2440), it states, "An application that
implements OpenPGP for messaging SHOULD implement OpenPGP-MIME."  On
reflection, it appears as though Mutt falls a little short in that it
*only* recognizes MIME signatures.  Hmm.  Which is a shame, considering
its really nice crypto integration features.

I'm signing this message as an example of how Mutt does it (even though
most of you are probably already familiar with the format).

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-02.txt
linked from http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/openpgp-charter.html,
linked from my home page.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin