Rebecca Ore on Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:10:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:37:42PM -0400, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > mine dont apear as attachments here...
> > i am using kmail so it embeds the content directly.
> > i think mutt and pine do something similar.
>
> Nope.  Mutt doesn't recognize your message as being signed.
>
> Actually, though, that may be a shortcoming of Mutt.  In the OpenPGP
> Message Format RFC-draft[1] (RFC 2440), it states, "An application that
> implements OpenPGP for messaging SHOULD implement OpenPGP-MIME."  On
> reflection, it appears as though Mutt falls a little short in that it
> *only* recognizes MIME signatures.  Hmm.  Which is a shame, considering
> its really nice crypto integration features.

The mutt I'm using recognizes Ian's as signed.  Which mutt?

I also have some thing in my .procmailrc which may be helping, but I
do see both as signed.

(The non-MIME signatures seem to crash the gmc part of the Gnome
desktop, which I've reported as a bug).

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net