mike_phillips on Sun, 19 Aug 2001 16:00:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] mobile access to internet

Eric,

When I'm travelling I just use my Sprint cellphone for connectivity. Its
only 14.4 but that's good enough to get my email and some simple browsing.
The minutes count as part of my monthly usage, as I've got 2000 minutes
(400 anytime, 1600 night and weekend) I don't have to pay any extra for
the service above the $10/mth fee.

It is very easy to setup under Linux as well, it just appears to be
another modem to linux. You can use it to either connect to an isp, or
connect directly to Sprints internet service (which give you less
latency).

Mike