Sandi Jonas on Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:10:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?

Hello...

Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> Someone just suggested to me that we should automatically bounce any email
> that is sent to this list in html.  I think this is a fine idea.
>
> What do you think ?

I realize I'm not exactly a major contributor on this list, but I am a
reader, so I'll be brief.  It's late so I apologize if I say anything
rude, but frankly I'd like to see a decision on this issue and have it
put to rest.  Although I think it would be rude to simply bounce HTML
email, because these posts do come from people that do not intend to be
rude and their questions are valid, it clearly states in the mailing
list guidelines that HTML posts are not welcome, and therefore they
should not be allowed.  I humbly suggest that we bounce the messages and
send a notice to the sender to read http://www.phillylinux.org/faq.html
before they post again.

Bill and Darxus, you guys are the list admins.  Please make a firm and
fair decision and let us know.

Sandi Jonas