pinkee on Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:20:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 01:11:57AM -0700, Sandi Jonas wrote:
> Hello...
>
> Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> >
> > Someone just suggested to me that we should automatically bounce any email
> > that is sent to this list in html.  I think this is a fine idea.
> >
> > What do you think ?
> >

> I realize I'm not exactly a major contributor on this list, but I am a
> reader, so I'll be brief.  It's late so I apologize if I say anything
> rude, but frankly I'd like to see a decision on this issue and have it
> put to rest.  Although I think it would be rude to simply bounce HTML
> email, because these posts do come from people that do not intend to be
> rude and their questions are valid, it clearly states in the mailing
> list guidelines that HTML posts are not welcome, and therefore they
> should not be allowed.  I humbly suggest that we bounce the messages and
> send a notice to the sender to read http://www.phillylinux.org/faq.html
> before they post again.

I admit it! It was my idea! But I always intended that the mail be
bounced with an explanation why. To simply bounce it would serve no
purpose. I think Darxus was being overly terse in teh initial post, and
that may have sparked more controversy than necessary.

> Bill and Darxus, you guys are the list admins.  Please make a firm and
> fair decision and let us know.

I agree: lets hear it.

pinkee

--