Michael Leone on Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:01:34 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Font/ghostscript help needed

On Thu, 2001-08-23 at 19:24, Arthur Alexion wrote:

> [...]

It means that the RPM you're using was made on a system using RPM v4.x.
IOW, you're using a package made for redHat 7 on RedHat 6. You'd get the
same error using a Mandrake 8 package on Mandrake 7.x.

Try picking up the SRC RPM, and rebuilding it yourself. The are no RPM
compatibility problems that way. (altho you may have unmet dependency
issues that could prevent rebuilding)

rpm --rebuild ghostscript-v7.src.rpm

as root

then, look for the rebuilt RPM file in

/usr/src/RPM/RPMS/(your processor) - i.e. i686.

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

Taking a mental stroll through the psychic park of pleasure.