Walt Mankowski on Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:40:25 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Internet Time Sync

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 03:19:48PM +0200, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Use ntpdate the first time and at startup.

Don't forget (like I did) that ntpdate requires a net connection and
takes quite a while to timeout.  Make sure you start it fairly late in
your startup processing.  In my case, I had a laptop that usually
starts connected to my desktop, but sometimes in standalone mode.  I
eventually removed ntpdate from my startup and just rely on ntpd to
keep it in sync.  You can always run ntpdate from the command line if
you need to.

Walt