ian reinhart geiser on Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:50:14 +0200

[PLUG] Data Salvage

Greetings
	As some of you know I gave my powerbook a bath earlier this week.  It was
under warrenty so Apple sent me a new Keyboard, memory module and hard disk.

I can still spin up an access the HD a little, I can read some files via cat
in single user mode but if I touch files in the tmp area the drive starts to
click and sputter.  Is there a way I can bring this drive up and ignore the
area that the crash is in just long enough to copy off my data and then send
the drive back?  I thought bad blocks would do this but it seems to cause the
drive to spaz out too?  Ideas?

Thanks
-ian reinhart geiser