gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:30:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Data Salvage

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:19:01AM -0400, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>          Put the drive in an external enclosure (SCSI, USB or FireWire) and
> then access it as a secondary volume, so that you then only access the
> files you want and don't have to deal with the OS itself.

I have a few spare SCSI enclosures I could lend. I'm not sure if I
can make it to the next meeting (next week, no?) as my car's in the
shop, though.

Also, mounting this drive read-only, nosuid, and nodev would be a
really good idea.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net