Bill Jonas on Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:40:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] debian && !gnumeric ?

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:01:01PM -0400, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> I'm wondering if a new version of gnumeric (which newly requires libgal4)
> was moved into testing before libgal4 made it into testing.

That's not *supposed* to happen with testing.  :)  (The scripts that
move packages into testing are only supposed to do so if all that
package's dependencies can be fulfilled.)

OTOH, we all know how hard it can be to debug programs...  Anyway, I
took a look at the packages in both testing and unstable.  Here's what I
got in unstable:

bj@neo:~$ sudo apt-get install gnumeric
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libole2-0
  gnumeric libole2-0
0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 26  not
upgraded.
Need to get 3101kB of archives. After unpacking 9894kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

With testing, I got the same thing you did.  Perhaps you'd want to move
your sources to unstable temporarily for the purpose of installing
gnumeric?

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin