multiple seriousity on Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:50:13 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Re: Online Petition for the SSSCA [OT]

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, johnathan spectre wrote:
> on 9/12/01 9:38 AM, multiple seriousity at msimons@slackware.com wrote:
> > Now is not the time.
> > While I think many of us are personally concerned with any legal issues
> > that may deem further stripping us of our rights, now is simply not the
> > time to discuss any of this.
>
> Some of us happen to disagree. Yes, the events that occurred yesterday were
> a horror and tragedy that is beyond description there is never a time to let
> our rights be stripped away from us. Do you think the people in favor of
> removing citizen's rights will not use these events? I've heard politicians
> on TV calling for assassinations and immediate bombing of cities based only
> on suspicions.

Yes, I do infact believe that these events will be used to further strip
us of our rights.

> It's unfortunate but I think we're going to see a flurry of bills being
> proposed that will remove many of our rights under the guise of "national
> security."
>
> Instead of debating whether the SSSCA is a good or bad thing you could have

I DIDN'T debate whether the SSSCA is a good or bad thing. You didn't
listen.

> decided and filled out the petition against it by now (or ignored these
> messages if you're a proponent of it).

Actually, filling out petitions on petitions online are generally NEVER
worth anything.  You see, they make it all nice and easy to create a
petition, but if you want the names and info at the end, they make you do
a double take, and then pay for them all. That's how petition online works.

Now, lets look at my original message.  It's this simple.

NOW is NOT the time.

Some people might be aware of my usually reserved and polite tone.

However, in this case, I'll make an exeception.

Let me say it simply:  shut the f*ck up.

I saw it live. Did you? Do you have any people in there? No? Didn't think
so.

All I was saying is that at this time I dont think it is appropriate to
bring up and discuss things where "politics, anti-government, activist,
etc." are buzzwords in the discussion.

All I was saying is that we could use a couple of days. Maybe a week even?

Lets look at the facts.

WHAT FACTS???

There are none.

Can you tell me what the "proposed" Security Systems Standards and
Certification Act is? Can you provide me a bill number? A URL? A
date? even the name of who "proposed" this "proposal"?? I did a google and
a metacrawler search for both that and SSSCA, nothing. I'm listening to
the audio feed of the speech, but I don't want to, I am just doing it so I
can tell you again....

SHUT THE FUCK UP.

If you can't take the curse words, go cry in your own bowl, I just heard
Lawrence Lessig curse.  For now, I'm going to turn this crap off.  I've
got better things to go cry about, right now.

Oh, and did I say it here, yet? I don't remember...

donate to the american red cross through paypal:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/relief-outside

to discuss/deal with/get involved in stuff regarding 9/11 on yahoo
groups, in the philadelphia region - feel free to spread the word on
it. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/philadelphia911