Mike Leone on Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:30:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Online Petition for the SSSCA

> What a stupid petition!  It's talking about policeware, as though police
were
> somehow a bad thing... Signing that will have the opposite effect of what
we
> desire!

It appeared to me that the proposed law REQUIRED copyprotection built-in;
that it would be ILLEGAL to seel a device WITHOUT copyprotection installed.
IOW, you would be forced to include copyprotection software, whether you
wanted to use such software or not.

And if a device did have such software, the DCMA would protect it against
anyone trying to circumvent the copyprotection - thereby extending the DCMA
controls even further.

Or did I misunderstand?