Dave Turner on Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:50:38 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Online Petition for the SSSCA

James Chamberlain wrote:

> I have never really been all that interested in politics except at voting
> time, But when I attended Linux World I saw a speech given by Lawrence
> Lessig that really inspired me to start doing something about these new
> pieces of legislation that are slowing stripping us of our freedoms. His
> speech can be found here:
> http://technetcast.ddj.com/tnc_play_stream.html?stream_id=609 . I am not
> Anti-Government or an Activist, I am just a concerned citizen working in the
> Technology Sector that doesn't like the impact of this new legislation. I
> came across a petition that strongly opposes the proposed "Security Systems
> Standards and Certification Act (SSSCA)" so I read and signed it.
> http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SSSCA/ . I personally agree with what this
> petition says, and I think you might agree, too.  If you can spare a moment,
> please take a look, and consider signing yourself.
>
> Regards,
>
> James Chamberlain

What a stupid petition!  It's talking about policeware, as though police were
somehow a bad thing... Signing that will have the opposite effect of what we
desire!

I urge you not to sign this poorly worded piece of shit.

--
-[Dave Turner                 Stalk me:  (215)-545-2859]