gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 14 Sep 2001 18:20:19 +0200

Re: [PLUG] SSSCA and Crypto back door thoughts

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 11:49:27AM -0400, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> Couldn't we just direct them to the Amazon page?

I agree with Dave Winer about this. Amazon's business practice in
the day to day world makes me dislike what they are doing here.
Sure, it's something that's necessary, but the Red Cross itself will
accept donations, as will FEMA (see their respective web sites). I
can see Amazon's action as little more than a ploy to gain popular
opinion so that people will forget about their ridiculous patent
issues.

Those of you who'd like to tell me how inappropriate this kind of
opinion is can kindly do it privately rather than wasting list
bandwidth.

Cheers...

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net